British Star Adele 'Over The Mmoon' As She Reveals She is Pregnant

adele
Adele told of her joy yesterday after revealing she is expecting her first baby.

The 24 year old singer and her charity worker boyfriend Simon Konecki, 37, are said to be “over the moon”.

Grammy award-winner Adele revealed the pregnancy on her blog. The Someone Like You star said: “I’m delighted to announce that Simon and I are expecting our first child together.

“I wanted you to hear the news direct from me. Obviously we’re over the moon and very excited but please respect our privacy at this precious time. Yours always, Adele xx”

The couple got together last summer and bought a £2.5million Sussex mansion together earlier this year.

There were rumours Adele had become engaged to Simon known as “Swampy” and “The Waterboy” due to his passion for charity work and long hair after she was seen wearing a series of pricey rings.

In February, during an interview with Vogue magazine, Adele said of her boyfriend: “He’s wonderful. And he’s proud of me but he doesn’t care about what I do or what other people think.”

And she praised Simon for looking after her following surgery for vocal haemorrhage.

Adele added: “I don’t think I would have got through the recovery for my surgery if it hadn’t been for him.”

She also revealed she would take some time out of the music industry to start a family, saying: “If I am constantly working, my relationships fail.

“So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy. And then I don’t know what I’ll do. Get married. Have some kids. Plant a nice vegetable patch.”

Previously, Adele took to her blog to deny reports her boyfriend was still married to fashion stylist Clary Fisher. The ex-couple, who have a five-year-old daughter, wed in the summer of 2004 but divorced in 2008.

She wrote: “This is the first and last time I will comment on the details of my relationship with Simon.

“Contrary to reports and headlines in the press today, Simon is divorced and has been for for years.

“Everyone in our lives separately and together wish us nothing but the best, and vice versa.”

At the time, Old Etonian Simon was a director of the EBS group, an investment holding company.

He since co-founded UK bottled water company Life4Water and heads up the firm’s charity Drop4Drop, bringing clean water to developing countries.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home