Selena Gomez: "Justin Bieber Is a Hopeless Romantic"

Selena Gomez is all grown up. And the singer-actress, who adopted a come-hither look on the cover of the July issue of Elle magazine is no longer interested in being pigeonholed as the wholesome former Disney kid in her film work.

The star of Spring Breakers wears racy outfits in the magazine's photo shoot (including a dress with a va-va-voom plunging neckline) and discusses everything from the kinds of roles she's wants to avoid to how much of a sweetheart her boyfriend Justin Bieber.

Not that she's into providing too many details about her relationship with Bieber, 18 -- but she does admit one thing: He's good with the swoon-worthy gestures.

"If I'll share anything with you, it's that he is a hopeless romantic," she said of Bieber. "I had just mentioned it in the car. All I said is that I really want to see "Titanic" again, and then..." We know -- he rented the entire 20,000-seat Staples Center so just the two of them could watch the epic romance together last fall.

As for what she sees as her role in Hollywood, Gomez is tired of getting scripts for Disney-like projects aimed at tweens and teens.

"I get offered the teenybopper movies, and I've done that. I haven't done a mega-hundred-billion-dollar 'Transformers' movie, but that's not what I want to do either," she tells Elle.

Despite her desire to play more grownup parts, Gomez has nothing but love for the studio responsible for her rise to fame.

"Disney is a machine, so people automatically assume that you can't work for the channel unless you act and sing and dance and sign up for all that. That's absolutely not true," she said. "I always did everything the way I wanted to do it."


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home