Kimberley Walsh goes solo

Kimberley Walsh goes solo
Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh is kicking off her solo career by releasing an album of classic show tunes in 2013.

Kimberley Walsh is releasing a solo album in 2013.

The Girls Aloud singer is following in best friend Cheryl Cole's footsteps and will unveil her first Broadway-inspired solo effort, 'Centre Stage', on 4 February 2013 after signing a deal with Decca Records.

Kimberley said: "I've always loved musical theatre and doing 'Shrek! The Musical' definitely re-ignited the passion in me.

"I really wanted to share the love I have for musical theatre by taking some classic songs and completely reinventing them."

The brunette beauty has teamed up with producers including Per Magnusson and David Kreuger to put her own stamp on classic show tunes, and thinks she has brought some of her favourite anthems up to date.

Kimberley explained: "The melodies in so many musical songs are so brilliant I knew we could create something special by experimenting with the production and I really feel like we've come up with some interesting takes on classic songs."


The 30-year-old star kicked off her time in the studio this summer in Stockholm by recording 'One Day I'll Fly Away' from 'Moulin Rouge'.

She added to MTV: "I was in my absolute element recording it and really felt like I was discovering new tones to my voice and really pushing myself vocally.

"I loved every minute of recording this album I really felt like I was going back to my roots."
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home