Lady Gaga Debuts New Song At Australian Concert

lady gaga concert
Lady Gaga debuted a new song during her "Born This Way Ball" concert last night in Melbourne, Australia that she says may appear on her new album. The track is a somber piano balled called "Princess Die."

"So this song may or may not be on my next album. I wrote it a little while ago and I've never ever played it for anyone," Gaga told the screaming audience. "I'm going to play it because, actually, I've been really excited and impressed with how many super fans have been at every show. I truly feel it would be a disservice to all of you to not play it before I leave."

The pop superstar's co-manager Vincent Herbert told the website That Grape Juice that the new album will be as boundary-pushing as ever and that it is being worked on concurrently with her current tour (as Born This Way was with her "Monster Ball" roadshow).

Gaga has said she will announce the title of her new album in September. On Twitter, Gaga added that she has already played some songs for her label.

She described "Princess Die" as "a little bit sad," but said it "is in no way reflective of the rest of the music on the album … but it's about some of the most deep and personal thoughts I've ever had."

"Leave the coffin open when I go / And leave my pearls and lipstick on so everybody knows," the song begins before taking an even sadder turn, as the thematic focus shifts to suicide:

"I wish that I could cope, but I took pills and left a note / I'm hungry from an anorexic heart / I've been trying to tell you how I feel, but was never very smart / I'm wrapped in silks made for Egyptian queens / I'll do it in the swimming pool so everybody sees."

It's heavy stuff. Listen below!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home