Romantic Movie Quotes

Yeah :P xoxoxo
Did you ever watch a movie and wish that someone would say that same line to you?  The line to truly sweep you off of your feet?

I know I have.

Here is a collection of all those lines, that made me cry or smile or laugh... or all three...  Some are a man pouring out his heart, and others are the girl's side showing her true feelings.  Either way, all are genuine in my opinion and just a little bit magical.

After all, LOVE is magical.

Here we go.

The List of Wonderfully Romantic Movie Quotes

City of Angels
"I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of hand, than eternity without her."

Meg Ryan and Nicolas Cage starred in this drama about an angel who makes the decision to give up his eternal life in order to spent time with a certain female doctor who has captured his heart.

The Notebook
"Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They're shooting stars, spectacular moment of light in the heavens, fleeting glimpse of eternity, and in a flash, they're gone."


Based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams star as lovers who began their romance as teenagers during a summer in Carolina.

Dirty Dancing

"I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."


A naive girl played by Jennifer Grey quickly learns how to dance by being taught by (a very good looking) young man played by Patrick Swayze during her family's vacation.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
"Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?"

Quite the curious case it is as Benjamin Button is born as an old man and ages his life backwards, growing younger as time passes. Played exceptionally well by Brad Pitt.

Pride and Prejudice
"I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love... I love... I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

Based on Jane Austen's timeless classic, the new version stars Keira Knightly.

Jerry Maguire
"You had me at hello."

Tom Cruise at his best. Playing a sports manager who is fired when expressing his opinion, a young single mother follows his lead and falls for him while he sets out on a strong career move. Renee Zellweger co-stars.



Ghost
"I love you, Molly. I've always loved you."

Another Patrick Swayze hit about a man who continues to watch over his wife, played by Demi Moore, even after crossing to the other side.

A Walk to Remember
"Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her, but our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it."

My other favorite Nicholas Sparks book-turned-to-movie about a young girl, portrayed by Mandy Moore, who is a religious young woman with a lot of faith, whose heart pulls her toward a young man, even though she never planned on falling in love.

Never Been Kissed
"That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life."

Drew Barrymore stars in this sweet romantic comedy about a twenty-five-year-old who has never been kissed.

Titanic
"You're amazing, and I know I have nothing to offer you, Rose. I know that. But I'm involved now. You jump, I jump, remember? I can't turn away without knowing that you're going to be all right."

Making the Celine Dion single My Heart Will Go On an absolute classic, Leonardio DiCaprio rocketed into superstardom when he boarded this ship and the world watched him fall for Kate, a young girl whose life forever changed.

What Do You Think?
Do you agree with the list?

I have a passion for movies, and I'll watch pretty much anything, but it takes a lot to impress me, and these lines always make me say...

Aww...

Now all I need is my life to transform into a true version of possibly Jerry Maguire, and all will be complete. I'll even settle for the genre of romantic comedy.

And perhaps a guest appearance by Justin Timberlake.

Note: I realize the clip does not hold one of the most romantic quotes, but it does hold clips of a very important actor who should be remembered. Also, the song, Unchained Melody, is what was playing during one of Patrick Swayze's character's final moments with his wife in Ghost.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home