Miley Cyrus Pre-VMA performance: 'I Have So Many F***ing Issues'

Miley Cyrus pre-VMA performance
Miley Cyrus performs at the MTV Video Music Awards.

IN A revealing interview conducted just before her VMA debacle, Miley Cyrus told a UK newspaper, "I’m messed up. I have so many f***ing issues."

The 20-year-old star went on to say that, "I don’t have a normal life. I take a hiatus every now and again but I’m not good at that."

Cyrus, of course, stunned millions of fans by wearing nothing but latex skin-coloured bra and pants when she got up close and personal with a variety of teddy bears (and Robin Thicke) at last week’s VMAs.

Her er, interesting performance, sparked fears she could follow the likes of Britney Spears and Amanda Bynes into meltdown mode. Cyrus, however, said that she’s never been anything like the goody-two shoes she’s played on television.

"During Hannah Montana I think people knew I was acting. I’ve never been able to hide anything, a bit like Justin Bieber.

"Others who have been on kids’ shows try to act like their characters, but I’m not like that.

"I never pretended I was as good as the Disney Channel writes.

"I don’t wear bright-coloured T-shirts and talk like this all the time."

The VMA hoopla proves once and for all that Cyrus has kissed her Disney past goodbye. In the wake of the show, she told fans her performance attracted an incredible 306,000 tweets a minute.

And she quoted Rolling Stone: "Miley was the one star in the room who understood what the awards are about. Thanks, Miley."

Friend and ex-Disney star Selena Gomez also defended her, saying: "Amazing. It was awesome."
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home