Claire Richards Reveals Fling With Dane Bowers

Claire Richards and Dane Bowers
Claire once had an affair with Dane Bower
Claire Richards isn't one to keep her private life private for long and in her new autobiography the Steps star reveals she cheated on her first husband with Another Level's Dane Bowers.

The autobiography, entitled All Of Me, has been serialised in The Sun and in the excerpts that have been revealed, Claire divulges her fling with Dane. She was married to Mark Webb at the time - a Steps backing dancer - but has admitted she wasn't entirely happy in her marriage.

"Years before he'd told Lee Latchford-Evans that he fancied me, but nothing came of it because he was dating Katie Price," she writes.

"At the end of the night I got a cab back to the hotel with Dane, and we both said goodnight and went our separate ways. When I got back to my room I wasn't ready for the night to end, so I decided to knock on Dane's door and ask him if he could help me undo my dress! I fancied him a bit and I was up for a flirt.

She continues: "We chatted for ages then he started kissing me and we ended up having a bit of a fumble, although we didn't have sex.

"I woke up in his bed fully clothed the next morning and had to do the walk of shame.

"I didn't want to leave his room wearing the same outfit I'd worn to the wedding because I knew that would look bad, so I wrapped a big towel around me, tucking my dress straps underneath to hide them, so it looked like I'd just popped into his room to borrow something. I gave Dane a lift back to London that day and as I dropped him off I said to him, 'I'm married; I can't do this.'

"'I think that's a real shame,' he replied. 'We could have given it a go.'"

Claire Richards, who has also shared details of her struggles with her weight gain, bulimia and depression, split up from husband Mark in 2005 shortly after her fling with Dane and soon reunited with Reece Hill, her former lover from her early days in the band.

She and Reece married in 2008 and they have two children together. You can find out more about Claire's life in her autobiography, All Of Me, when it's released on 5 July.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home